Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Love It!

{The nearlyweds performing at an Obama fundraiser}

As you well know, I don't typically blog about celebrities, but this is too fantastic.

On one hand you have Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie fame. Death Cab is in my top 20 favorite bands of all time. This is more like a rotating list of 20 bands that all make it to number 1 depending on what time of day it is, what the weather is like or what mood I'm in in general. I envision it as some sort of circular conveyor belt contraption, something like what the hot dogs cook on at the 7-Eleven. ANYwhoo...love Ben and Death Cab.

On the other hand there is Zooey Deschanel, who is my favorite actor and I adore her vocal stylings. And not all in an OMG I LOVE HER BECAUSE SHE'S FAMOUS way, but in an - I respect and admire her for her talent and personal style as I do many of my close girlfriends. ( I realize I don't actually know her, but I have a friend who knows her sister, so I could some day maybe...I'm not stalking her, I swear.)

And now those two hands are planning on exchanging rings! The were engaged on Dec. 20th and per her manager she "was swept off her feet." Aww. I know what that feels like.

I am super excited for them...probably more than is normal for total strangers.

No comments: