Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Mon Lac Ciel - The OH NO Edition
The bad economy has struck my wedding! Since people have been commenting on my original post about Mon Lac Ciel and the foreclosure, I decided to address it. Yes, I said foreclosure. My wedding is in 5 weeks and we found out yesterday. (Thanks to the kind reader with inside info who emailed me.)
Note to wedding guests and family - DO NOT CHANGE YOUR PLANS. We are still progressing as normal for now and you'll hear from us if even one thing should change. There will be a wedding on June 20th...somewhere.
We have spoken with the owners and they are fairly convinced that they will be able to pay the bank in time. Our invitations are sent, many of the replies are in, all of the events around the wedding are planned, people have flights and hotels. We are crossing our fingers that the owners come through and everything goes as planned. I mean, with 5 weeks left, there is little else we can do without compromising our vision and totally changing the wedding of my dreams. I refuse to settle. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
If, however, I should be made to settle, we are working on a plan B. I hate plan Bs. I would rather have it in someones back yard than a hokey banquet hall or hotel...so that may be an option.
Does anyone have any experience with this type of thing? Has this happened to anyone? How did you get through it? Or if anyone knows of some land in Northwest IN that we can throw a tent up on... Any advice or suggestions are EXTREMELY welcomed.