Thursday, September 25, 2008

Culbertson West Mansion - New Albany, IN


I have a special treat for you Southern Indiana brides and grooms. This September marks the second anniversary of my wonderful friends Lindsey and Matt Dobson (aka Team Dobson). They were married at the Culbertson West Mansion in New Albany, IN.


I asked Linz to answer some questions about the venue and her day to share with all of you. She got these fantastic pictures and answers to me in between working on her Masters and while battling a weeks long power outage down in Louisville. She is truly a wonder woman. 


IW: Why did you choose your venue?

Linz: Originally we were aiming for an outdoor wedding, but we couldn’t find anything in Louisville that was affordable or that spoke to our personalities as a couple. Since Matt is from New Albany, I searched southern Indiana for venues. Looking at The Sunny Side of Louisville’s website, I stumbled upon the Culbertson West website and liked what I saw in the photos. Initially I was opposed to it because the ceremony would have to be indoors, but when I took a tour with Carl and Steve (the owners) I absolutely fell in love with the house.

IW: Did the venue have a caterer or did you choose your own? 

Linz: They have an onsite catering service that we used, and they were excellent. We sampled a few different options, and they worked with us on a mostly vegetarian menu (we didn’t want to single-out the meat-eaters). Everyone I spoke to afterward loved the food!

The beautiful couple {Winters Photography}

IW: What was your favorite part of the wedding?

Linz: My absolute favorite part of the wedding was stepping back with Matt at one point and scanning the room. The fact that all of these people, most of whom had traveled far to be there, were simply there for us was absolutely amazing. Words cannot describe the pure, unadulterated love that we felt from our friends and family. I’m still a bumbling idiot when it comes to describing that feeling!

They are amazing {Winters Photography}

IW: Is there anything you would do differently in your planning process? 

Linz: Although I normally consider myself to be a very organized person, I got a bit carried away with all the details. I created personalized “wedding weekend itineraries” for the wedding party and our immediate families. Everyone seemed to follow along with them except for Matt...I had forgotten to make one for him! He called me in a panic the afternoon of the rehearsal dinner asking, “When am I supposed to be at these different places? Why does everyone else know what’s going on?”! Yeah, so it’s kind-of important to include the groom in his big day, too.

Breath taking {Winters Photography}

Thanks to Linz for being amazing and to Winters Photography for taking fantastic photos. 

Contact Culbertson West Mansion at 812.941.8100 or email them at thirdcentury@iglou.com

P.S. Besides this day being special because two of my very best friends were married, it was also the day that I met Hillary. We walked down the aisle together! We plan on repeating that next June!



1 comment:

Peter said...

Thanks to Lindsey, I'll be doing the same next spring!